Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Slow News Day

Since we're in the pre-training camp lull that is late July, I thoughy I would throw out a topic to try to spark a lively debate: Who's going to kick the bucket first, Barbaro or Peter Gammons? Although things looked bleak for a while for each of these venerable sports icons, it appears now that there is reason to be cautiously optimistic about their respective futures. As far as seriousness of injuries goes, I figure that a broken leg for a race horse is probably the functional equivalent of a brain aneurysm for a baseball analyst, and, despite a 58-year age difference between the two, you have to assume that the over/under on each of their remaining life spans is five or six years, even if they make a full recovery. I have to tell you, I think this is as close to a pick 'em as you can get, but I'd like to hear what the rest of the world thinks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home